Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Vonderfull Blanket

Hello all,
I got an awesome birthday present this year.
And guess what,
It was home made!
Vanessa from Homemade Holiday Gifts made me an awesome cozy TV blanket made from recycled antique sweaters!


It's REALLY cozy and warm, and is just right to sit with a book and read.
Some of the patches and made from an old hand knit sweater with some really cool cabeling. Yay for really awesome gifts! Thanks Vanessa!
Josh.
(PS, if you want to learn more about the blanket, and how to make your own, check out the tutorial here and poke around the website, it's really cool!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Josh!!!!
Finally a post!!!!!

That is an AWESOME blanket!!!!

-Antonia

K~ said...

I heard marvelous things about this blanket, so I'm glad you posted a picture. Funny, the blanket in the link looks just like yours...and the cute little boy looks strangely familiar...

Dorothy said...

YAY! You posted! Keep it up, seriously.
And the blanket really is awesome...If I had some more skills/time I would attempt to make one, but alas, I do not. xD

arlene said...

You kind of forgot to mention that Vanessa of is your sister!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dawn said...

Wow ~ what a beautiful blanket, Josh. What a talented person Vanessa is.
Lucky you!